The game is to progress a brand new domain and get it ranking for a variety of keywords in the search engines. #LocalSEOChallenge

If you missed the last post – Day 5 of the Local SEO Case study update

For the past 7 days, work has been done and we are starting to see some traction in the search engines.

In this post, we are going to break down exactly what has been done to the website and also a rankings update.

Google Maps Confirmed

The postcard to confirm the Google Maps listing arrived on the 6th of September (Day 6).

As soon as the Google Maps listing was active, we populated the listing with as much information as we could:

  • About 20 images were uploaded to the listing.
  • All contact information was correct
  • A 360 image was uploaded to the listing using a Ricoh Theta S 360 Degrees Camera – Black and uploaded via Google Street View. These are great for adding a lot of value to a local listing.

Day 7: 24 Hours Update

1 day after confirming the Google Maps listing, we did a manual check and we found out the listing in position 32, not bad.

We found it without having to adjust our maps view, this means that our listing is NOT being filtered and we are in a great position to get the maps listing seen on the first page of Google.

Day 11: Google Maps Update

Between Day 6 and Day 11 of the Local SEO Case Study, we build some Web 2.0 properties that linked back to the home page.

More about the Web 2.0 websites later.

The Google Maps listing is now hovering between the 4 – 7 positions depending on the keywords and also locations when doing a search.

The Google Maps listing is in a very good position.

Web 2.0 Buffer Links

Buffer links are a great way to create some link and anchor text diversity.

We created 10 Web 2.0 websites. Here are some of the sites that we used:

  • WordPress.com
  • Weebly.com
  • Shutterfly.com
  • Tumblr.com
  • Beep.com

All these websites have a great domain authority (DA) and are looked upon very highly by Google and other search engines.

Each website had 3 x 500 words of content, displayed our Youtube video and all of the N.A.P information which is exact to the information being displayed on the Google Maps Listing.

By creating the Web 2.0 websites and having a link back to the website and also displaying the correct N.A.P information, it shows the search engines that we are a real business and also that we are a branded business which adds a lot of value.

Website Content

Since the last update, we have added 4000 words of content.

This content was used to create new pages on the website for the services relating to the main subject of the website.

The two new pages that were created:

  • Plumbing Services
  • Blocked Drains

Not only are we going to get these pages to appear in the search engines for {keyword + Location} but they also help with the Google Maps categories.

By creating pages that relate to Google Maps categories it confirms that we actually offer the services we say that we do.

301 Domain Redirect

To help the website in the pursuit of ranking on the first page of Google, we purchased an expired domain which still has quality inbound links and 301 redirected it to the home page of our case study website.

We do this to boost the domain in the search engines. Automatically we will have some authority domains linking back to our website.

It will take 7 – 14 days to start seeing the effects but could take up to 3 months to see the full effects of the 301 redirect domain.

Conclusion

2 weeks in and we are very happy with where we are with the website. In the next 7 days, we should see some massive jumps in the organic search results as well as the maps listing.

In the next 7 days, we will be building social signals to the website and inner pages and also producing more content for the website.

If you have any questions about the build so far, send us an email and we will be happy to answer your questions.

LuxSaf team

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This